Fighting To Protect Your Rights
A criminal conviction can impact nearly every area of your life. When you have a criminal record, it can be more difficult to get certain kinds of employment, student loans and professional licenses. A conviction for even a relatively minor crime can have a serious consequences. At Miller & Bartnicki, P.C., our criminal defense attorneys work to protect your rights. We consult with you closely, so you understand exactly what is going on with your case at every step of the way.
When Your Future Is At Stake
Our criminal defense lawyers have extensive experience defending people facing a wide range of criminal charges in Michigan, including:
- Traffic violations: Even minor traffic tickets can lead to increased insurance premiums or a license suspension. We will work tirelessly to help you resolve your traffic tickets quickly and avoid having driving points added to your record.
- Drunk driving (DUI/OWI): Drunk driving laws have become increasingly harsh in recent years. Repeat offenders may even face felony charges that could result in the loss of a driver’s license, severe fines and jail time. We will work to build you a strong defense.
- Refusal of a breath test: People operate under the misconception that it is better to refuse a breath test if they think they might fail. This is usually the wrong choice. We can attack the results of a breath test on many different fronts. If you refused the breath test, we can still defend you against the charges.
- Operating while visibly impaired (OWVI): You can face OWVI charges even if you were not legally drunk at the time of the arrest. We will fight to protect your driving privileges and freedom.
- Second-offense DUI/felony DUI: Repeated charges of drunk driving will result in increasingly severe punishments. We will work to get your charges reduced or dismissed.
- Domestic violence: Charges of domestic violence are serious. If it is your first offense, it may be possible to keep charges off of your record. If you have been falsely accused, we will fight aggressively for acquittal at trial.
Don’t Delay Speaking With An Attorney
When you have been arrested, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. The police are not there to help you, they want to convict you of the charges. The less that you say to the police or prosecutors gives us a better a chance of protecting your rights. We have worked as prosecutors in the past, which gives us strong insight into how the other side is likely to act. We use this knowledge and experience to protect your rights and build a strong defense.